REVIEW: Aritaum Honey Melting Tint No.7 Coral Candy + No.8 Grapefruit Soda

Saturday, January 31, 2015


The first review of 2015 finally arrived! Today I'll be talking about one of the highly raved lip product in Korea, the Aritaum Honey Melting Tint which is available in 16 different colors. For the Allure 2014 Best of Beauty Event, the lip tint (in color Coral Candy) also won a special spot as the Editor's Pick Award Winner and coincidentally, I'll also be reviewing Aritaum Honey Melting Tint in No.7 Coral Candy and No.8 Grapefruit Soda.

The details on the cap

The form of the lip tint bullet up close
Swatches on the hand, but these are edited to look identical to the colors when applied on my lips



❝ REVIEW: Aritaum Honey Melting Tint No.7 Coral Candy + No.8 Grapefruit Soda 

✧ Color
#No.7 Coral Candy is a coral red shade whereas No.8 Grapefruit Soda is an orange shade with a tinge of reddish tone. 
✧ Texture
The product glides smoothly my lips when I fully applied it, so in a way it does capture the "honey melting" essence. If I could describe the texture, I would say that the sticky texture reminds me of lip balms. Although it didn't bothered me, I could definitely feel a layer setting on top of my lips. 
Depending on how you use it, the Aritaum Honey Melting Tints can either be sheer and translucent, or the final shades can be highly pigmented when utilized properly. Usually I dab the product with 2-3 layers on my lips and the coverage is similar to a pigmented lipstick with a glossy sheen. TIP: By using the dabbing method, the texture does not feel sticky and heavy on the lips. 
✧ Formula
The lip tint does not dry out the lips nor does it really provide the lips much hydration, but I feel that it is enough for my lips to survive 3 hours without making them look chapped. If you have dry patches on your lips, please beware that Aritaum Honey Melting Tint will emphasize those patches. Therefore, exfoliate is a must before using this product and by applying a lip balm or vaseline beforehand will ensure that the lips retain its moisture. 
✧ Scent
The scent reminds me a lot of grapefruits and it doesn't linger around nor is it overpowering. Actually, it can only be smelled up close. The funny thing is that when I let my friends and brother smelled the lip tint, they told me that they didn't smell anything.. so I'm not sure if this is really scentless or I'm just imagining the scent..? 
✧ Lasting power
Regarding the longevity of the lip tint, it really depends on what you eat. For example, I tested it out while I had milk and cornflakes as breakfast. As result, some of its color faded away but overall it was still intact. However, when I went out to eat heavier lunches (About 6 spring rolls with maybe a 500ml strawberry ice tea on Day 1. An enormous portion of salad with vegetarian meat and warm chocolate milk on Day 2), on both days the lip tint did not survive the meal. If I was to give an estimated number of the lasting power, I would say an average of 5 hours with a light meal. With a heavier meal, I would recommend to check the mirror as you might have to reapply directly after you finished the meal.
Word of caution: The color will transfer onto cups/soup bowls/wherever you place your lips on.
✧ Packaging
The design of the packaging is kept simple and despite the look, it is sturdy and travel-friendly. The cover of the packaging is aligned with the color of the lip tint and on each individual lip tint, the name of the product is printed with a black color.
✧ Price
I don't remember the price I paid for it since I bought it in Korea, but I think it was around 9000 won maybe? Which is roughly translated to around $9.
✧ Final verdict: 3.5/5
Let's start off with the positive aspects. I particularly like how affordable it is, how simple the packaging is and the wide range of colors is also a huge plus. Another thing that made me grow fond of this lip tint would be how I'm free to decide how light or dramatic I want the color on my lips. The scent can only be smelled when you have it up close near your nose so for the ones who dislike fragrant lip tint, fret not! 
Now onto what I dislike.. what I dislike about this lip tint would how sticky it feels on my lips--but that's my own preference so I won't be deducting any points on that. P.S.: This can be solved by applying the dabbing method. The lip tint also has the tendency to cling onto dry patches and emphasize them, so exfoliate is always a must before wearing this product. (-0.5 point) Don't put high hopes on the lasting power, as it cannot survive a heavy meal and whatever drinks I consumed, the color transferred onto the cup or glass. (-1 point)

PROS
* Affordable!
* Color is build-able
* Final shade is highly pigmented
* Glides on smoothly on the lips
* Prevent my lips from looking chapped
* Can survive a light meal (5 hours max.) with the color intact, but not as vivid
* Smells like grapefruit (for the people out there who likes it)
* Has a glossy sheen (for the people out there who likes it)
CONS
* Is sticky on the lips, not lightweight (my own preference! can be prevented too!)
* Transfers to cup/soup bowl/etc.
* It enhances dry patches, so exfoliate is a must
* Color usually fades away after a heavy meal
* Smells like grapefruit (for the people out there who dislikes it)
* Has a glossy sheen (for the people out there who dislikes it)
Recommend? Yes/No?
Yes and No. Aritaum Honey Melting Tint might not be the lip product that delivers all attributes that I wish it would, but I still think that it's a nice lip tint to have in the make up collection. To be frank, at the moment, the Aritaum Honey Melting Tint in #No.7 Coral Candy is my everyday to go lip product despite that I didn't gave it a high rating. You might wonder why and the reason is because I love the shades and I learnt how to cope with the "disadvantages" that come with this lip tint--and if you are willing to, or if you are a lip product junkie, I would recommend them to you. If you're not, then I would say it's not a must-have and there are better lip products out there for sure. 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.