REVIEW: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #5 Grey

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Let's face it, not everyone can rock dark, bold, thick eyebrows and I'm one of them. In the past I've tested out some eyebrow pencils and they always bestowed my brows with harsh lines. It looked awful on me because the stark contrast between sharp eyebrows and a baby face didn't match each other one bit.


So I decided to find a grey eyebrow pencil for a change. Say what? Grey? Yes, grey! I thought the color would flatter my "soft" features more since grey is the "tender" version of black. Back then I didn't do much research about it and decided to purchase Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #5 Grey after I saw it on a seller's eBay. 
Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil comes in 5 shades, these are: 
* Dark Brown
* Grey Brown
* Brown
* Dark Grey
* Grey

Closeup of the product design

Woot! Now with a free spoolie brush, how awesome is that?

Swatches:  

Swatch on my hand

Swatch on paper
Anyhow, fast forward to today. I used up the eyebrow pencil and purchased another one in the same color again because of various reasons. You might wonder, what's so special about this eyebrow pencil? Or, why won't she try eyebrow powder instead? Maybe another brand? Why is she so obsessed with Etude House? 
Well, here's why..





❝ REVIEW: Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil #5 Grey 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Color
The color I bought is in shade #5, which is Grey. As the name suggests it's a (light) shade of grey. My eyebrows are not pitch dark, but it's not light either. It's in between medium grey and dark grey. When I use this on my brows, they look really natural. Of course, there are times I wish the color was just a bit darker so I won't have to fill it 2-3 times. But rather than placing the fault on the product, I think maybe Dark Grey would suit my brows more.  
If you are afraid that the shade might not fit you, please don't worry because: 
1. You can lightly color your eyebrows until the desired color arises.
2. You can use the spoolie to "remove" any excess of the product and gently fill in again.
Texture
The texture is "hard", you have to put a bit of strength in it to see the results on your eyebrows. Sometimes when you apply it, the lines are not consistent and there might be a difference of light and dark nuance of grey showing up. The eyebrow pencil itself comes in a triangular shape, which is very convenient because you can shape your eyebrows easily when you draw the outer line to define it.
Formula
The formula is dry; it's smudge free and waterproof.
Scent
Good news, it's scent free for the people who likes it that way!
Lasting power
You don't have to worry about refilling your eyebrows because this baby lasts the whole day on my eyebrows and it stays on place.
Packaging
There's nothing fancy about the packaging, however the illustration of the closed eyes and eyebrow adds in a nice touch to it. There are two capped sides, one on the left and one on the right. The retractable eyebrow pencil is on the left side (marked with the color of the eyebrow pencil). The pro of having a retractable eyebrow pencil is that you won't need an additional sharpener and it saves you money. The other side comes with a free built-in spoolie brush, hooray! They even printed the word "brush" and an arrow to direct you to the spoolie. Very thoughtful of them.
Price
Luckily the Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil is quite cheap, the price is marked around €5. Now I'm sure you're all curious about how long this product can survive on daily basis. Well, the lifespan of the product really depends on how frequently you use it. I for one used it almost everyday and it lasted me a good 1-2 months before I had to repurchase.
Final verdict: 4/5
Attention girls! (And if you're a guy, hello there!) I really do like this product, but here comes the but. With the eyebrow pencil from Etude House, I've experienced that the "pencil lead" does not stick to its place and there were times the lead actually fell off. 
P.S.: Maybe it's just me, but it's like every product that has a retractable function tends to score one negative point on my list. Either they melt or the product is stuck and I can't twist it up! When that happens, straight to the dustbin they go.. and this really ticks me off, especially when it's a product that I have come to treasure.
All in all, I doubt I will switch over to another brand for an eyebrow pencil anytime soon. Yes, there are some minor things that I wish it could be improved. Such as, the thickness of the color doesn't occur  in consistent lines and the lead that fell off. But in the end, I am impressed with the quality of the product and satisfied with the price. 
And..I'm not trying to advertise or anything, or am I? But.. Since Etude House Drawing Eye Brow Pencil has a retractable pencil AND a spoolie.. that's them helping you SAVING your money twice! Plus the structure of the eyebrow pencil makes it convenient to carry it around in your make up bag! 
PROS
* Cheap
* Retractable function (The lead can fall off)
* Comes with free spoolie
* Good pigmentation
* Long lasting power
CONS
* Retractable function (The lead can fall off)
* Sometimes the color doesn't show up well
* Not available in every country
Recommend? Yes/No?
YES YES YES! 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.