REVIEW: Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #5 Baby Fiony

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

The first time I laid my eyes on the promo pictures of Etude House Rosy Tint Lips, I knew I have to buy it. I purchased it straight away on eBay when it was released and photographed the product + edited them the day after. Everything was fully set on September 16, but due to my extreme and hectic school schedule paired up with work, group assignments and studying for the exams made me cut my time off as a blogger. But I am happy to be back now to present you girls (and guys?) another review! 


The Etude House Rosy Tint Lips is embedded with matte texture, which is different from all the (creamy) tints that popped up this year. The tint comes in 8 strikingly beautiful colors: 


'Buy me, buy me!'
With a garden of roses embracing the pale white background, the packaging fits the overall mood of what a dreamy, romantic Autumn should be like- well, in my opinion that is. 

Description and weight of the product

Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #5 Baby Fiony in full glory comes with a plastic tube
Close up of the product and its soft sponge tip applicator
Swatches: 

Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #5 Baby Fiony Swatch on my hand. This looks true to the color when applied on my lips!
Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #5 Baby Fiony Swatch on tissue paper

The swatch on the tissue paper is where I tried to do a "gradient" swatch to show you girls (and guys?) the different hues of the lip tint.


❝ REVIEW: Etude House Rosy Tint Lips #5 Baby Fiony 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

✧ Color
#5 Baby Fiony is a vibrant medium rich pink tone that occasionally appears neon on the lips. The color looks similar to the promo picture swatch, but not entirely. It wasn't the color that I expected since I saw some other swatches beforehand, but it is still a hue that I like. Nowadays I also dab it on my cheeks and use it as a blush. 
✧ Texture
It's a matte texture that is rich in color and the intense color pay-off is incredible! It glides easily on the lips with a velvet matte finish. Trust me when I say that you would only need to apply a little bit to see the result.
✧ Formula
Here comes the part of what I don't like about the product. I had some matte lipsticks before but they don't make my lips dry nor do they accentuate the patched dry lines. Sadly, the Etude House Rosy Tint does deliver those results. This however, could be prevented if you exfoliate your lips and apply lip balm beforehand. (Sometimes it still doesn't work for me because my lips are quite dry!) When you drink something, be sure to check your lips afterwards because the tint will transfer to the cup/glass. 
✧ Scent
There's a faint scent of rose in this product and I personally do not like the smell. (Say what?!) Yes yes, I usually love scented products but somehow this scent reminds me of chinese medicine. Yuck! 
✧ Lasting power
The lasting power is quite poor compared to other tints I've used before. I tested it for a couple of days and on all the days, the tint stayed on an average of 3 hours. What I also did was smudge the the tint with my finger to see whether it would stay, but as expected it comes off quite easily but leaves a stain behind. 
✧ Packaging
When we think of autumn, we can't leave out flowers, especially not flowers in darker hues to match the season. The upper part of the tube represents the color and the bottom part in pale beige is supposed to create a contrast between the two colors. The font has a script style that says "Rosy Tint Lips" in white. While the packaging may look attractive in the eyes, I stand by with my opinion that the packaging could not compromise the negative factors. 
For one, this tube forces me to use my strength because it is very hard to squeeze the tint out of the tube. In a hurry, I would definitely not choose for this tint to reapply on my lips. Second, the sponge applicator is not the least useful. The function of it was to make it easier for us to paint the tint on our lips, but when using it, the sponge tip did not cover all parts evenly. I think that using a lip brush would save you much more time. 
✧ Price
The price I had to pay for this product was around €9. I bought it on eBay, but I don't remember the seller's name. 미안해~ 
✧ Final verdict: 2.5/5
To be frank, I was debating whether to give it a 2.5/5 or give it a 3/5 as the final review points. But after trying the tint again on my lips today and taking account of all the factors, I decided to go with 2.5/5. 
The good thing about this product is that the matte texture looks smooth on the lips once everything is set and the pigmentation is impressive. However, I gave a -1 on the formula because it does accentuate the dry patches and the tint does transfer to cups/glasses. The lasting power wasn't impressive either, so I deducted another -0,5 point. What irked me a lot was without a doubt, the tube packaging. It requires a "hard squeezing technique" to get the product out and the sponge tip does not add any relevance to the product. You will get a better result when you apply it with a lip brush. So that is another minus -1 point. 
PROS
* Velvet smooth finish with a matte texture
* Intense color pay-off 
* Lovely packaging that suits the autumn weather
CONS
* Accentuate dry patches
* Tint transfers to cups/glasses while drinking
* Poor lasting power
* Hard to squeeze out the tint
* Not available in all country 
Recommend? Yes/No?
Yes & No! This must be the first Etude House product that I will not wholeheartedly recommend to my readers, because the product did not satisfy all my needs. But even so, it does work well as a blush and the pigmentation is no joke, it is really amazing. If your lips are not as dry as mine and doesn't require exfoliating + lip balm all the time, then it is up to you to purchase it or skip it. Keep in mind though that it requires some strength to squeeze the tint out. If you can also overlook the sponge tip applicator, then maybe this product might be something for you. To be frank, I am a bit tempted to get this product in shade #8 despite all the negative factors that I listed because the color is exquisitely beautiful and I have not yet a similar color like that one in my collection. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.