★ REVIEW: Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon

Monday, July 22, 2013


Are you searching for a lip crayon with a cute, yet cool illustration on the packaging? Did you answered yes to all above? If you are, then I would say: read this post because today I am reviewing the Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon! :) 
WARNING: Heavy Images! I made individual shots of each of the product so be prepared. 
At first I only had plans to buy two of them, but I wavered when I saw the promotional poster where all three lip crayons were shown. The colors looked really beautiful on the model, so I wanted to buy all 3 of them. In the end I found a seller who sold 3 of the crayon tints inclusive the Peripera Lip Balm as free gift. It was a good deal, I ended up buying all 4 of them for €25


The Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon comes with a cute illustration of a schoolgirl who is dressed in vibrant colors. The artist who drew this is Mari Kim. Many of you might have heard of her, or you might have not. Graphic Designer/Artist Mari Kim was also the one who designed the album cover of 2NE1's 2nd mini album and the MV Director of 2NE1's song: 'Hate You'.  
The outer packaging of this product has the shape of a jumbo colored pencil, but I guess it can pass off as crayons too. The illustration on the packagings look the same on each product, only the colors and the product names were changed here.  
PS: Normally I will write a bit of the product before jumping straight to the review. But because there are individual shots here, the context might get messy if I placed text under each picture. To make it more neat and organized, I decided to add my thoughts toward the end of this post. 

Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #1 Fruity Pink
The product name is listed here
A quick introduction of the product
Shot of the packaging with the brand name
Another shot of the packaging, this time with the illustration
Fuzzy closeup of the crayon tint
Swatch of Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #1 Fruity Pink on tissue paper
Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #2 Fruity Orange
Shot of the packaging with the brand name
Another shot of the packaging, this time with the illustration
Closeup of Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #2 Fruity Orange
Swatch of Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #2 Fruity Orange on tissue paper
Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #3 Fruity Mint
Shot of the packaging with the brand name
Another shot of the packaging, this time with the illustration
Closeup of Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #3 Fruity Mint
Swatch of Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon #3 Fruity Mint on tissue paper
All three swatches on my hand! From left to right: #1 Fruity Pink, #2 Fruity Orange & #3 Fruity Mint

❝ REVIEW: Peripera Peri's Tint Crayon 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 Color
The crayon tints are really pigmented and rich in colors! 
The colors are not as intense as liquid tints, but it will show up after the first application. If you are the type of person who like vibrant colors on your lips, I would say that this will do.   
#1 Fruity Pink: At first glance, it looks like magenta when unapplied. I was afraid of how this would look on my lips because I am not really a fan of colors that are too dark. When I first applied this all over my lips, I felt that it looked too 'powerful'. So I did the lip gradation method and the second I did that, I changed my views. I swear, this color looks so lush and pretty! You can definitely create the doll-like effect with this product. 
#2 Fruity Orange: Unapplied it looks like a vivid tangerine color. When applied, it turns into a wearable coral shade. I like this color a lot when I mix it with fruity pink. 
#3 Fruity Mint: This one is very tricky because it reacts to your own body chemistry. Unapplied, it has a mint shade. When applied, it turns into a rose pink shade. I do like this color as well, but not as much as I like Fruity Pink. Sorry, nothing can beat that color.. at least not anytime soon. On other days it looks a bit dull on me because the color keeps changing. Overall it's a fun product to use because you'll always be in a surprise of which pinky shade it will turn into. 
 Texture
I will say one word here: CREAMY! It feels so soft when it glides on my lips that I am afraid that it will melt. While this is not happening yet, I can see some stains on the packaging after I apply them each time. This is a sign that I need to store them in cooler places. So for the people who are living in a humid, warm country, please beware and take caution! 
The texture makes the product seem like it's a combination of a lipstick and lip balm in one. Also, this product leaves a glossy sheen on your lips. 
✧ Formula
When I buy lip products, I am always searching for non-drying, moisturizing lippies because I worry a lot about my lips, especially in the winter. The good thing about this product is that it does hydrate. However, if you have some lines on your lips or if you haven't exfoliate your lips yet, I would advise you to. Because although it won't be that significant, the lines will still show. 
✧ Scent
All three of them are scented, whoever was trying to bring this product into the market also had the idea of adding different fruit flavors into this product. While I normally love scented products, I have to say that this time it has caused me to subtract some points here.  
The reason is because I feel that they tried to add the flavors to cover the smell of plastic. Even when they're on my lips I can smell and taste the horrible scent. (I lick and bite my lips lol, weird habit of mine.) In short: It's artificially flavored
✧ Lasting power
This product performs very well when it comes to lasting power. It can easily hold up to 6 hours even when I drink 5-6 times in between. It can also survive one or two small meals, but after that you should remember to reapply. Otherwise you'll see your natural lip color in the middle and an outline of the product on your lips. 
✧ Packaging
It's a simple packaging, the product was made to look like 'crayons', hence the name.. but I think they represent a colored pencil more. A jumbo one to be exact. The same illustration is printed on each product and the only difference is the colors at the end of each product.  The product is sealed with a transparent cap. The cap is sturdy, well-built so you don't have to worry of it falling off. 
✧ Price
I was very lucky to get a good deal for this on eBay! When divided, they cost around €6 for each item. Unfortunately the seller does not sell this anymore. 
✧ Final verdict: 4/5
Crayon tints are a good substitute if you feel that liquid tints are too overpowering for your taste. I definitely prefer this over liquid tints because it doesn't leave a 'stain' on my lips and it's easy to do lip gradations with these. Needless to say, these have become my new favorites and I will be ditching my Tony Moly Lip Tint! 
I deducted 0.5 points because the buttery texture and warm weather does not go well together. Because of this, the stains keep appearing on the crayon packaging and it looks like someone smeared it. Not very pleasant for the eyes, I say.  
Another 0.5 point were deducted because of the artificial flavor that can be found in this product. I did not want to deduct 1 point because the product does its job well. 
PROS
* Easy to apply
* Creamy texture 
* Rich in color
* Moisturizing
* Glossy effect
* Lovely packaging
* Long lasting power  
CONS
* Creamy texture (If you live in a tropical country) 
* Artificial flavor
* Not available in every country 
Recommend? Yes/No? 
I say YES, if you can bear the smell and if you don't have problem with stains. (on the product itself)   

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.