REVIEW: Skinfood Tomato Whitening Emulsion

Monday, December 9, 2013

December, the month of joy and laughter is filling the air but what may seem perfect might carry something negative for our skin. Yes, you're right! I'm talking about dry patches. I can't really recall a winter without dry patches on my skin even the most heaviest cream would not help. So this year, as a Christmas gift for my skin, I decided to take precaution to prevent the same reoccurring situation again. 


This is when the Skinfood Tomato Whitening Emulsion come into play. I wasn't really interested in the whitening effectrather than thatI was hoping that it would even out my skin tone and make my skin to appear more lively. The Skinfood Tomato Whitening Emulsion comes in 135 ml for €13. The packaging reminds me of a wine bottle and it is decorated with a picture of a tomato with typography plastered on it. The similar tomato illustration can also be seen on the cap of the product. 


Here is what Skinfood claims: 
Special food ingredients for the skin. Contains many nutritive ingredients such as fresh plants, fruits, etc. To keep our skin healthy. 


The description on the back of the product: 
A brightening emulsion that contains tomato extract and helps brighten dull skin tones. 


When I pour out the product, I like distribute them evenly in a form of a circle. Why is that you ask? Well, I guess it looks organized in an angle. *laughs* To be frank, I poured out too much of the product on the picture. /uberfail. Usually only a tiny amount is needed to dab on your face; I would say five of those circles would have suffice (for my face that is) but I guess I was having too much fun here. 


After spreading the emulsion in a big circle, you can see how shiny it looks. Based on the picture, I think it might have already given away that the product ends with a dewy finish. If not, then well.. it does!





❝ REVIEW: Skinfood Tomato Whitening Emulsion 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -  

Texture
The texture of this product is gel-like and it seems to have an evenly distribution of stickiness and thickness. I find this product to be lightweight and also a bit watery, but it also sticks (tiny bit) to the skin. To me, this is an ideal combination because it works well and doesn't leave me with an oily feeling on my skin. 
✧ Formula
Skinfood Tomato Whitening Emulsion claims that it whiten/brighten the skin tone. But after testing it for two months, I haven't notice any changes in terms of a brighter complexion. But I'm fine with that, because the dewy finish gives my skin a radiating glow and it covers the dullness of my skin. 
The emulsion also returns the moisture into my skin when applied and I love how quickly it absorbs into my skin. If I could give an indication of the procedure, I would say it happens within two minutes. After applying the emulsion, I could feel that my skin has become smoother. 
✧ Scent
There's a floral scent incorporated in the product but it's not overpowering, and I find it to be a really lovely scent. My friend and mother who sniffed the product went ballistic over the fragrance and this was their real life reaction: "O_O" "WOOOW" 
✧ Packaging
As I described it earlier, it reminds me of a wine bottle but not quite. The packaging is sturdier than the wine bottle made out of glass. I also like the pink speckles and tomato illustration that is embedded on the packaging. 
✧ Price
I paid around €13 and bought it from biz-inside on eBay. 
✧ Final verdict: 4.5/5
Despite that it doesn't whiten/brighten my skin, (-0.5 point) I still think it's worth an investment because you only need a tiny amount to dab it on your face. The product isn't sticky, but it is also not too watery. It has the perfect balance and it glides smoothly on the skin. The consistency of the product is lightweight and I find the scent really lovely. It's not overpowering and has a fresh smell to it. 
As for the moisturizing factor, I think it's sufficient because even the harsh, cold wind in The Netherlands haven't made my skin broke out and I hope it stays that way. The emulsion also absorbs within two minutes into the skin and last but not least, after applying the product, here's a word of caution: 
"Be braced to see a new you in the mirror because the dewy finish will make you look like a kpop goddess."
PROS
* Only need a tiny amount
* Great balance between the texture (A little bit sticky but not too watery)
* Glides smoothly on skin
* Lightweight product
* Lovely fresh floral scent
* Moisturizes very well
* Absorbs within two minutes into the skin
* Dewy finish 
CONS
* Doesn't whiten/brighten skin tone
* Not available in every country
Recommend? Yes/No?
If you can overlook that it doesn't whiten/brighten the skin, then I would definitely recommend it if you are searching for extra moisture before the next step of applying a night cream. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.