★ SPAZZ CORNER: KPOP & KDrama

Thursday, July 18, 2013

I'm sure that some people who read my blog are into Korean drama's & Korean idol groups like me, so with this post I am reaching out to you guys/girls! :)  
Let me start off with my story. My love for KPOP and Korean drama's took place in the year 2000, back then I was introduced to this world by my brother. However since I was still very young, I wasn't in the phase where I learn how to 'spazz' like a fangirl yet.  
It was then, during a hot sunny day in beginning of 2005 where I found my first KPOP group that I admire till the day of today and that group is no one other than DBSK. My bias was Jaejoong, my first impression of him was that I found him incredibly beautiful, handsome and his voice sent shivers down my spine!


I remember that his image was that of a 'cold, mysterious' person but it was obvious that deep down inside he was actually very caring toward others. I watched a lot of videos of DBSK and eventually found myself becoming infatuated to JJ. Perhaps it's childish, but back then he was really the ideal type of guy for me for a long time haha. Sigh, the life of a fangirl~! ㅠㅠ

Dreamy prince Kim Jae Joong

The first KDrama I was introduced to was Full House. There I swooned over Rain with my mom and for the first time I found myself spending more time behind my computer than the TV. That itself was already a sign that KDrama & KPOP is highly addictive, I swear, they should set a warning for that. 


Something that goes like this: WARNING! Once you set foot into the world of KPOP & KDrama there is NO more turning back. It will stay with you till the rest of your lifetime. Be prepare to squeal, spazz and watch countless of clips of what is to become your 'favorite' group and actors/actresses. Also, keep in mind that you shall join forums and interact with fellow fangirls and fanboys while you talk about your biases with them. There might even be a chance where you will spend your time drawing your favorite KPOP stars, designing wallpapers, setting the wallpaper as your phone & desktop background. Yea.. I'm just sayin' 
Oh this is funny, while writing this DBSK - Mirotic is playing on seoul.fm (Korean Radio) Is this a coincidence? I say not, and this is why they should set the warning! DBSK is hunting me hurhurhur. 

Anyhow, let me transport us back to the present. Now in the year 2013, I don't really have a specific group that I invest my time on like I used to with DBSK. However, these days I do like BTS (Bangtan Boys) and EXO a lot. I like BTS because it's hiphop and although they're only rookies (debuted in June), I can foresee a promising career of them in the entertainment industry. If you haven't heard their debut song yet, you can listen it here: 



My biases from BTS are SUGA and Jimin. Reason? SUGA is madly skilled in rapping and his voice is so charming! I replayed his verse so many times haha. Jimin is a talented dancer, singer and he's a cutiepie in real life! ;) Oh and let us not forget his delicious chocolate abs~ ♡  
PS: Derp, While writing this part BTS - Bulletproof pt.2 was playing on the radio! 

L to R: V - SUGA - Jin - JungKook - Rap Monster - Jimin - J-Hope
My biases from EXO are.. *pause* Well this is awkward, I actually like all of them and it's so hard not to love all of them for the personality. But if I have to choose who attracts me more, that would be Chen a.k.a. Kim Jong Dae from EXO-M. Reason? He loves to troll, great vocal, high cheekbones, jawline and his eyes look really gentle. The second and third place of my bias goes to Kris and Suho haha, yuuur I'm cheating but I don't care. T T 

PS: Okay this is so weird, but after BTS' song, EXO-M - Wolf was playing on the radio. DA HECK. 
Moving on to the KDrama that I am currently watching, it's SHARK (starring Son Ye Jin and Kim Nam Gil) and I Hear Your Voice. (Lee Bo Young and Lee Jong Suk) To me SHARK is 'darker' than I Hear Your Voice even though these two drama's have revenge as their plot. It's just the overall atmosphere of the drama that sometimes give off that feeling and whoever wrote the script for Shark is intellectual and deep in my opinion. He/she implanted the Law of Cause & Effect in the drama and that just makes everything more profound and interesting to watch. 
As for I Hear Your Voice, at first I watched it mainly for Lee Jong Suk because I was fascinated by his acting and of course, also his looks haha. Turns out that after watching the first episode I was immediately hooked. This drama will make your stomach turns upside down, really. One moment you will laugh, spazz and find some scenes overly corny yet cute. The other moment you will watch it and you just want to rip your hair off because of the suspense!   



Synopsis of Shark
Credits to: Dramawiki


Han Yi Soo (Kim Nam Gil) who wants to gain omnipotent power to take revenge for his family and he finally points his dagger to a lady he loves. Jo Hae Woo (Son Ye Jin) learns about Yi Soo’s ugly truth about his family but she cannot stop loving him. This story is about agonizing love and tragic life of a man and a woman.

Synopsis of I Hear Your Voice
Credits to: Dramawiki


A thriller courtroom drama with fantasy and romantic comedy elements. It will depict the story of Jang Hye Sung (Lee Bo Young), a bold, sassy, thick-faced, comical, and materialistic public defender who becomes a lawyer after overcoming poverty and painful memories from her childhood, comes to realizations about society and justice after meeting Park Soo Ha (Lee Jong Suk), a 19-year-old boy who reads other people’s thoughts and Cha Kwan Woo (Yoon Sang Hyun), an innocent lawyer who lives a disciplined life. Jang Hye Sung is actually Soo Ha's first love after she gave a decisive testimony on his father's murder case 10 years ago and Soo Ha promised to protect her from the killer's threats. Meanwhile, Cha Kwan Woo is Jang Hye Sung's fellow lawyer who is a cheerful and idealistic former cop even though his character a bit slow, he is nice and pleasant with a firm idea of his principles and justice. Together they will team up to to find the justice in the courtroom and solve the toughest cases with less than 1% chance of winning.


Finally we have come to the end of this post! If you have any stories regarding your love for KPOP & Kdrama, please share your story! I would love to read them, maybe we can even spazz together like fangirls hahaha. ♡ 

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.