UNBOXING & REVIEWS: Etude House Pink Bird Box May 2017

Wednesday, June 14, 2017



Welcome to another new post on the reviews of the Etude House Pink Bird Box! This box was sent to me about one and a half weeks ago from Etude House directly in Korea. I've seen the contents from other Pink Bird members before I received mine, so it wasn't really a surprise for me anymore. Read more to find out what they sent me for this month's program.




The first product I want to talk about is the ETUDE HOUSE Monster Micellar Cleansing Water in trial/mini form. Before I venture into detail, I've never tried Micellar Cleansing Water before, but I've always heard great things about it and that it's suitable for sensitive skin. Going in with zero expectations, I found myself ending up liking this product.

The lightweight and watery texture feels like applying water onto the skin. I love how the product is unscented and how it removes the face and eye makeup effortlessly. Since I have a sensitive skin, I am always careful when testing out new products because my skin broke out a lot during April-May, which I rarely have. Therefore, I was happy to discover that does not irritate my eyes and my face feels fresh after applying it with a cotton path.

According to Etude House, there's a 'green power complex' incorporated into this product, which helps to soothe and moisturize the skin. Based on my experience, it does leave my skin non irritated as I previously mentioned, and it hydrates my skin as well. Although I really do like this product, I feel that when it comes to removing the waterproof mascara and eyeliner, it falls behind with other great makeup removers out in the market. You can purchase this product here: Etude House Monster Micellar Cleansing Water 300ml



The next product in the spotlight is the newly released eyebrow product from Etude House, called the Tint My 4-Tip Brow. The reason for the name is because it contains a four-tip applicator that acts like an eyebrow tint to fill in the sparse brows. This product comes in 4 different colors and I received the color #2 in Dark Brown.

At first I was a bit skeptical on the new design, and I actually disliked this product based on my first impression because I felt like it didn't lived up to its claims. After testing it out several more times, I will retract my previous statements because this product actually works well and the unique applicator makes it easier to control the amount and the area of the eyebrows that is to be filled. I guess the phrase "Don't judge the book by its cover" really applies in this situation.

Etude House marketed this product as smudge-proof and long lasting and recommend the user to apply this before sleeping to enhance the intensity of the look. I myself tried it both ways, applying before sleeping and after sleeping and here's what I found. It does not really change anything when you apply it, because it's a pigmented product that will let you create the same effect even when it's applied after waking up. Just watch out not to apply bold strokes immediately because the color really stains the eyebrows and there's no doubt that it's smudge-proof after it sets into the hairs. The only way for me to remove was to use the Micellar Cleansing Water or a makeup remover. Should you want to benefit from the long lasting claims, Etude House suggests avoid cleaning the areas near the eyebrows or rub it. According to PONY, the popular makeup guru, this product can last up to two days if handled well. You can purchase this product here: Etude House Tint My 4-Tip Brow



The next product is probably the most loved and wanted product by the most of the Pink Bird members. It's the Etude House Play Color Eyes #Cherry Blossom that is imprinted with the soft and delicate petals of the cherry blossoms. The palette features 10 rich shimmery shades, 4 which are new additions to the Etude House eyeshadow collection that will help you create a romantic and feminine look that will match this season of love.



What do I think about this palette? For one, I think it's absolutely gorgeous. From the design to the colors, this palette has it all. But what about the texture you might ask? Well, regarding the texture it feels velvety smooth when applied on the eyes (and on the hands for testing purpose). Further, the highly pigmented shadows provides great color payoff and long-lasting colors. If you're okay with subtle shimmers, I guarantee you will like this as the formula applies smoothly on the eyelids with your own brush of choice. I would suggest avoiding the eyeshadow tips in this palette because they don't really spread well. My favorite shade from this palette would be the neutral shade, Rosy Filter (BR425)! You can purchase this product here: Etude House Play Color Eyes: Cherry Blossom



Now, you might think that this is the end of this post. But nope! Etude House actually provided some extra gifts of their Pink Play Concert in this box. Honestly, I wish I stayed longer in Korea so I could attend the concert, since this is the 2nd time that I missed it. Anyhow, going back to what was I saying earlier, the extra gifts are the Glass Tinting Lips-Talk and the Glass Lip Tinting Lips-Talk Case that could be found in the March Box. The bulky lipstick case does not feel cheap at all, and it's a limited edition case that says 'Pink of the year 2017', which makes it a thoughtful gift by Etude House. As for the lipstick color, it's the same color in the March box, called #PK003 but apparently it's the trendiest color at the moment and a signature pick from Krystal so it makes sense for them to gift us the same color again. If you would like to read more about it, you can find my review in this blog! You can also purchase the lip color here: Etude House Glass Tinting Lips-Talk

Accompanying the lipstick, there's also a tote bag that says 'Pink of the Year 2017' with the color attached to the design. It's rather cute and the vivid color fits the brighter days so I'll probably use it whenever I need something bigger than my small bags to accompany me outside.

Last but not least, this is the Etude House My Beauty Tool Lovely Etti Hair Band. I actually already own one, but it's always nice to have an extra backup since the color white can be easily tainted by bb cream/foundation. For those who don't know what this product does, it's basically a hair band to keep the hair pushed back so you can apply your makeup, sheet mask or cleanse your face without your hair brushing on on your face. It's definitely a life saver! You can purchase the cute hair band here: Etude House My Beauty Tool Lovely Etti Hair Band

That was all I have for you guys today. Thank you so much for reading as always and I'll be seeing you guys in my next post. In the mean time, if you want to know what I'm up to, you can always head over to my Instagram and connect with me there. Ciao!

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.