★ REVIEW: Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar

Sunday, December 9, 2012

Hello everyone,

Today I will be presenting you a review of Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar. It's a long name for a product, but I must admit that it suits it. Now aren't they just adorable?


Left to right: Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in #1 Juicy Apple & #6 Juicy Orange

This is how the Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar looks like when they are standing up straight. I purchased the color #3 Juicy Apple & #6 Juicy Orange because I wanted a bold medium pink color for my collection and Juicy Apple seems to fit in that category. And because of my undying love for peachy, coral colors I ended up buying Juicy Orange in hopes the color would look the same as the packaging color.

Left to right: Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar in #3 Juicy Apple & #6 Juicy Orange

Swatch from left to right: Juicy Orange & Juicy Apple
For the swatch, I decided to not put them on my lips because the color varies on each person's color tone. Instead, you get to see him on my hand. On my lips, Juicy Orange appears to be orange/peachy whereas Juicy Apple is medium pink. 

Swatch from left to right: Juicy Orange & Juicy Apple

❝ REVIEW: Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar 


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 
 Color
The color is sheer, but it’s buildable. I think for the swatches, I went back and forth applying on my hand for more than 5 times. The thing I like about sheer lip products is that you got the power in your hands to decide whether you would like to keep it a la natural or go for something bolder.
Also, the color #6 Juicy Orange contains tiny sparkles. Normally I dislike it on my lips, but in this case, the sparkles are not in the center of attention so I can bear with it.

 Texture
The texture of Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar is really creamy. Think of butter in room temperature, that's how it kind of feels like when it glides on my lips. I like the feeling of it, but I am afraid that since it's quite creamy, they might be distorted when you accidentally bump them into something without closing the cap. This product also leaves a glossy sheen on your lips, so you can get that “lip gloss” effect.

✧ Formula
The moisturizing factor is amazing! In the winter, my lips continuously suffer from dry lips, so I cannot pull off a lot of lipsticks. Even if I use Vaseline or scrub my lips beforehand, the dry lines will still appear after a couple of hours. With Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar, my lips are kept moisturized throughout the day and the exposure of chapped lips are forever gone. 
✧ Scent
There's a faint scent lingering around the product, I like the smell it emits. It’s not overpowering, so for the people who dislike scent on products, this is bearable. The scent reminds me of fruits, their flavors are described on each product as well.

✧ Lasting power
This factor is really crucial for me when I buy a lip product. The reason is because I dislike reapplying every hour (to exaggerate) since I don’t often check myself in the mirror. Thankfully, the lip color is able to survive for 3-4 hours even when I eat throughout the day. Well, that's a number I can live with.

✧ Packaging
This is the reason why I bought this product in the first place. It is really cute, with the emoticons embedded on top of the cap. However, there is also something with the packaging that I dislike. It's the twisting part.  
I tried twisting the gloss bar all the way so I could have a slight hint of how long the product will serve on my lips, but this ended up in a mess. I should have not done that, because now I cannot twist it back down to its original state. So, this is a warning beforehand to the people who are planning to buy it! Don’t twist it all the way up, because if you’re unlucky, you won’t be able to twist it back down.
✧ Price
I believe I bought it for 5 euro a piece on eBay, it's cheap alright!

✧ Final verdict: 4.5/5 
Would I repurchase Tony Moly Petite Bunny Gloss Bar? Yes, I will. The pros outweigh the one miniscule con. Besides, it is super cute, comes in 9 different colors, travel friendly and it does its job for a cheap price!  
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.