REVIEW: Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream EX

Monday, December 28, 2015


Laneige is slowly becoming my #1 makeup and cosmetic brand I must admit. Perhaps it is the brand image that appeals to me or it is the consequence of growing older and maturing during this life process. Whatever the reason is, I can't deny my love for it.


Do you feel refreshed after seeing the colors imprinted on this jar? Well I do! The Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream EX (50 ml) is made for dry to normal skin type.


The product is sealed and comes with a spatula. If I could give an estimation, Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream EX lasted a good 3 months on my skin. I used it everyday, day and night and sometimes I also apply it on my neck. A little definitely goes a long way with this cream.


The picture above isn't altered in hopes that it can show you how the texture looks like.



❝ REVIEW: Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream EX 

✧ Color
Completely white. 
✧ Texture
The rich, creamy texture is not lightweight but it's not heavy either. I guess it falls somewhere in between. 
✧ Formula
What I like about this product is that it absorbs quickly into my skin, it moisturizes, keeps my skin hydrated throughout day and night while imparting a radiant skin. I first used it during fall season, and it worked excellent on my skin so I was curious how well it would perform in the winter. Right now Korea has reached the minus degrees at night and the dry climate has definitely taken a toll on my skin. But even during the winter, I swear on my heart that the Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream EX still feels amazing on my skin as it did during fall season. 
✧ Scent
I just love the smell, it exudes a fruity and floral scent which in my opinion is quite therapeutic. 
✧ Lasting power
After leaving it on the whole night, I can still feel the effect of the moisturizing cream in the morning. 
✧ Packaging
The cream comes in a plastic marine blue semi-transparent jar with a metallic lid, and it also includes a transparent spatula to scoop out the product. The product packaging is on the heavier side for a cream product but they are still travel-friendly. I took them earlier to my Busan trip and it didn't hinder my trip at all. 
✧ Price
It is perhaps on a pricier side if we compare it to other Korean skincare products, but in general I feel that the price is fair. In the Aritaum stores they go for 37,000 KRW. That equals €29 and $31,50. 
✧ Final verdict: 5/5
One sentence: WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE?! This is probably the first time where I am thoroughly impressed by a product and its performance. Therefore, I'm giving the product a 5/5. And no, this has nothing to do with me being in a generous festive mood, I can assure you that! 
Why a 5/5 exactly? Well, the Laneige Water Bank Moisture Cream EX glides on effortlessly on my skin, it hydrates my skin throughout the day (and night) and my skin feels supple and fresh after using it. This cream can also be used as a makeup base in my opinion because the finish on my skin looks fantastic after prepping with it. The only thing I feel regretful about is that I only started using this cream this "late". 
PROS
* Rich, creamy texture (perfect for winter!)
* Glides on effortlessly on skin
* Moisturizes and keeps the skin hydrated
* Skin feels supple and fresh
* Great base before applying foundation/bb cream
* Spatula provided for hygiene purpose
CONS
* On the pricier side for a cream (Compared to other Korean brands e.g. Etude House, Tony Moly) 
Recommend? Yes/No?
YES all the way! But only if you have dry to normal skin, since creamy textures are usually horrid and a nightmare for oily skin. 






Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.