★ REVIEW: Etude House Princess Etoinette Heart Blusher OR201

Friday, June 21, 2013

Hello there~ For today, I would like to share a review on Etude House Princess Etoinette Heart Blusher in the color #OR201 - Coral Masquerade. I know that the pink blusher wins in term of popularity, but I chose this version because I have always had a soft spot for coral, orange tint lippies and blushes.


The Etude House Princess Etoinette Heart Blusher arrives separately with the 'jar' and the 'blush'. You have to transfer the blush into the jar by yourself. The baked blushes come in heart shapes with traces of golden shimmers to create the perfect radiant glow on your face. There is also a clear rose scent in this blush, but if you are not the type that appreciates scents in make up products, fear not- the scent is quite subtle.


Here is how it looks like. I think that the one I received is not in its perfect shape because the lid can't be shut properly. What a shame. 


This is what I mean when I talked about having to transfer the blush into the packaging.
In this picture you can also see that the blusher comes with a soft fluffy puff with pink ribbon to match the design of the package. I don't see the purpose of this puff and besides, I bought the rose brush just to match it with this Etoinette blusher! 


Now that it's restored to its full glory, let's all take a moment to admire this scene.  

 
This is a swatch comparison of all 3 colors. From the lightest color to the darkest. I had to rub it on the paper multiple times before I could see these colors.  
❝ REVIEW: Etude House Princess Etoinette Heart Blusher OR201 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

 Color
The Etude House Princess Etoinette Heart Blusher incorporates 3 different colors with shimmers into one blush. If you prefer matte blushes, I would say skip this one. The first color is light peach and it serves its purpose like a highlighter. There is also a medium and darker orange and their purpose is to add colors on the cheeks. The pigmentation is however weak, so to be able to view the color payoff, I will have to apply a lot of strokes.
When I first wore it on my cheeks, I really disliked the color and the glitters. It made me feel like I was a clown because everything was so glittery in my eyes and the dark color did not appeal me. But after testing it out several more times, I could see that rather than looking like a freak, it leaves a nice glow on my cheeks. 
 Texture
It's a powder blush- it's smooth, dry and the texture is light. It feels like silk on my skin. Warning: The heart blushes may break into pieces if you're not careful with it. 

✧ Formula
Different type of skin will react differently of course, I have normal skin type and I have not experience any discomfort with this product so far. The blushes are not that pigmented and they leave traces of the "powder" once you swirl them with your brush. 
✧ Scent
If you are sensitive for smell, I have to warn you that the blushes have a rose scent. But to be able to smell it, you would have to sniff it from a close distance. Others may find it inconvenient, but I myself love scented products! 

✧ Lasting power
When I first tested it out, it lasted about 4 hours. Before the color truly fades away, it will leave a light sheen on your cheeks. 

✧ Packaging
I believe you may now know that it's not just a real beauty, but the jar is a masterpiece- a girl's dream! I simply love the way it looks.
✧ Price
The price is slightly more expensive than drugstore brands. But the packaging plays a huge role in this part, trust me. I paid around €25 for it, including shipping. 

✧ Final verdict: 3.5/5 
I deducted 0.5 point because the heart blusher will break if you're not careful with it. Some of the hearts broke and it made the product look a lot messier. Another 1 point was deducted because the lasting power is not that impressive and the pigmentation is weak. I would not really recommend this product to anyone, because it's average and I believe that there are far better blushes out there. However, if you do not care about that and are only interested in the jar like me, then I would say: WHAT'CHU WAITING FOR?!  

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.