HAUL: Get Sporty with Forever 21 and Nike!

Thursday, May 22, 2014

About a month ago, I signed up for a gym membership because they had a limited deal that would only run until the end of April. (No payment fees and no sign up fees were required until 1st of June) Fast forward to today: Now I'm an owner of a one year gym membership card.. who would have thought that? 
Certainly not me. Nor my friends for that matter.  
But I have to say that compared to the previous years, I'm much more motivated to stay fit. In the past I would diet like crazy and my diet would primarily consists of meals (combined) between 1000 kcal - 1200 kcal per day. Why the sudden change? Hmm, perhaps it was my Instagram feeds who inspired me with the healthy food posts and gym exercises. Regardless of where it started, I got out of my comfort zone and I knew that if I want to make this work, I would have to invest my money on a pair of breathable running shoes that would let me endure the exercises I would perform in the gym. 


So I planned a day out for myself to go shopping and ended up with some purchases from Forever 21 and Perry Sport
For the gym I wanted something basic, but colors that would suit me. Since my love for purple colors and neon bright colors have grown lately, I opted for a lavender marled V-neck and a two toned lime yellow/black sport bra. For shoes, I kept it simple but classy. The black Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 was not my first choice, I initially favored a grey running shoes (also from Nike) with neon yellow laces and soles but unfortunately they were not sold in the stores here!  


My pick for the bottom part is missing in the picture because I already have a pair of black leggings that will do the trick. Overall I'm satisfied with my purchases for the gym. I know that some people might give me weird looks since I actually devote my time in selecting my outfit. But here's what I think: if you have to sweat anyway, why not sweat in style? (The price for the clothing probably cost the same, if not even lesser!) Total damage: €146


Closeup from my purchases. The sport bra from Forever 21 is really comfortable to wear and cheap as well. I would recommend it to those who are interested in buying a new sport bra. 


The Nike Free Flyknit 4.0 is really lightweight, but when I did exercises longer than 40+ minutes in the gym my feet started to hurt a little. Maybe new gel insoles might solve the problem, or I might still have to walk in these shoes. Either way, I survived my first day in the gym despite overworking my body and I burnt 300+ kcal. I'm really pleased with the result and I hope I'll be able to stay motivated and exercise regularly. 
How about you? Is anyone else going to the gym or working out in the nature or at home? If you're into the healthy lifestyle, maybe we can also share some recipes and motivate each other! Let me know. 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.