MINI HAUL: Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic

Wednesday, July 2, 2014

One of my greatest dream ever since I was a kid is to collect vintage, polaroid cameras that lock memories swiftly without requiring any third party printing methods. The reason behind it is simple. I was fascinated with the texture, the quality of the photographs and at the distinctive forms the cameras were released in.  
As years passed by, still, the only physical object that I possess in relation to the photography world is a DSLR (Technically it's my brother's DSLR, but he hardly ever touches it..) and a portrait lens I bought back in March. Due to my vast interests in the field of art, design, photography, fashion and books/poetries, it makes it difficult to prioritize and favor a specific "interest" over the other. And how could I? I love each and every of it. With that being said, having so many different hobbies and interests that share similarities with each other is at the same time fun but expensive, I must admit.



It was then, the thought of spending my summer holidays partially in Seoul, South Korea that actually encouraged me to finally head out and purchase the Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic. After reading several reviews and watching videos of the polaroid camera being compared with the previous versions, the Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic came out as the winner of the battle. Needless to say, I'm thrilled to give it a try myself and learn to figure out how to work with this polaroid camera before I go on vacation. 


The design of Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic did not match my taste when I came across the polaroid camera on the Internet. But somehow, in one way or another, the minimalistic design grew on me and I like the portable size of the polaroid camera, for it will easily fit in all my bags.  
The only downfall of owning a polaroid camera is without a doubt the price of the instant films, as they are around €19 for 20 films. But it is as it is. The total price I spent for the Fuji Instax Mini 90 Neo Classic including the Instax Mini films: €158.
And with the end of this post, it also mark the beginning of my summer vacation. Yesterday I received all my grades for my last block and I'm thrilled to announce that I passed every subject, assignments and exams. It's amazing how hard work pays off because there no resists were planned for me and I got all the 60/60 credits (Propaedeutic diploma) within my first year of International Communication & Media. On to the second year (with hopefully free of resits as well) I go, but for now my mind is elsewhere and I'm looking forward to the summer vibes and fun days in Seoul! :)  
How about you?! What are your plans for this summer? And are you currently also enjoying the World Cup? If so, which countries are you rooting for? 


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© The Wild Reverie.. Design by Fearne.